Address

2516 Samaritan Dr. San Jose, CA 95124 Phone (408) 356 0578

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Life after Destiny, the foster child.

I'd like to share my experience of fostering a baby girl, Destiny.  She came to us on March 4, 2011 when she was just over 4 months old.  She left our care on May 7, 2012, just over 18 months old.
From the beginning she was a delight, and I loved watching her grow from a baby to a toddler.  She calls me Papa.  From the beginning we wanted her to know that she is loved and wanted by adults that may not be her biological family.  I don't believe that someone has to give birth to a child for them to love that child.  Children just want to be loved and nurtured.
I have embraced my experience of being a foster parent.  As for any parent it is exciting to see how we influence the growth and development of a child.  Destiny is bright, loving, and of course beautiful.  Of course I'm biased, but then why not?  She deserved a good start to life, and I helped give that to her.
The house has been quiet for 2 days now, and I am looking for things to do to keep me occupied during the times I would have been reading to Destiny or just playing dolls with her.  She was a great help in the garden, I'd plant the flower and she would pull it out.  What else do you do with flowers at 18 months old?  Smell them!
She will be missed at my house, but I hope and pray that the family who has her now will give her as much love and attention as we did when she lived with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment